Decorating for the holidays is fun, but not everyone has the storage or budget for specialty Christmas items. This DIY Rosemary & Berry Christmas Hurricane can be made with household items, including Candle Impressions LED pillars, and a quick-trip to the grocery store.
- 1 Candle Impressions or Mirage LED candle (available at Target)
- 1 large hurricane
- 1 small hurricane that fits within the large hurricane, while also being large enough to hold the 3" diameter flameless candle
- Winter berries (cranberries, holly, etc.)
- Small stones (or something of equivalent weight)
- Tap water
The directions are easy and in total the project should take less than 5 minutes. All you have to do is:
- Add some rocks to the bottom of the small hurricane to create some weight
- Set the timer on your LED candle to the desired hour and place it inside of the small hurricane, on top of the bed of rocks
- Place that small hurricane & candle inside of your larger hurricane
- Slide rosemary between the glass of the two hurricanes into an even arrangement
- Add water to the space between the hurricanes (note: if the inner hurricane becomes buoyant, add more rocks)
- Drop a handful of berries into the water and you're done!
We added some more Mirage flameless candles, pine cones and dollar store garland to complete the look, but it's completely optional.
Not sure where to place this hurricane? Try...
- Dining room table as a centerpiece
- Kitchen island
- Front hall desk
- On a hearth beside other holiday decor
Please remember this craft is intended for adults only and is not suitable for young children due to choking hazards.