Light up your Christmas display or dinner table with snowballs that sparkle during the day and glow at night. This DIY project is easy and yields store-quality results!
- 4 Candle Impressions tea lights (available on Amazon)
- 4 styrofoam balls (ensure they're at least a 3" diameter)
- White, liquid glue
- White and silver glitter
- Coarse, white salt (we used Kosher salt)
- Trace the circumference of your tea light onto the styrofoam ball
- Core the ball as deep as you can, without breaking through to the other side
- Hollow out the ball as evenly and thinly as possible (like hallowing out a pumpkin)
- Pop your tea light into the hole so the base is flush to the ball (it should be snug)
- Mix your salt and glitter together for your desired color and sparkle; dump it evenly onto a disposable plate or other flat surface
- Coat the styrofoam balls evenly with the white glue
- Roll the glue-coated balls in your salt-glitter mixture & let dry (1 - 2 hrs)
The final product is beautiful! You can stack them into a pile, combine them all in a large vase or just scatter randomly as we did here.
Pair it them with some Christmas decor and faux snow for the perfect winter look.
Please remember this craft is intended for adults only and is not suitable for young children due to safety hazards.