These String Candle Holders are the perfect combination of rustic and chic. The sparkles add a little somethin' somethin' to the plain string and enhance the already gorgeous ambiance of the flameless candles enclosed.
- Candle Impressions Flameless Traditional Pillars
- LED Tea Lights
- Plain string (thin is best)
- White school glue
- Small water balloons
- Large cylinder container (like a utensil canister)
- Fine glitter
- Paper plate
- Safety pin
- Clothes hanger
String Globe Steps:
1. Blow up one water balloon so it's as symmetrical and round as possible.
2. Tie the string to the knot of the balloon and wrap the string around the balloon in all directions.
3. When you're happy with the string wrapping, cut the string and secure the end so it will not unravel the balloon.
4. In a large mixing bowl, empty your white glue and add a bit of water if the consistency is too thick or lumpy.
5. Roll the balloon with string in the glue until the string is soaked through.
6. Dump the sparkles on a paper plate and roll the wet balloon around until sufficiently covered in glitter.
7. Fasten a safety pin to the mouth of the balloon then tie it to a piece of string and hang from a clothes hanger to dry.
A day later (or when the glue is fully dry and stiff), pop and remove the balloons and gently make an opening to place a Candle Impressions flameless tea light inside!
1. Wrap your large cylinder container in cellophane.
2. Tie the string to the mouth of the container and begin wrapping around the whole container (including bottom); secure the end of the string when satisfied.
3. Roll the container in the glue mix or brush on the glue until the string is fully soaked.
4. Sprinkle on glitter.
When the string is fully dry it's time to slide the String Candle Holder off of the canister. This can be tough, but that's why the cellophane is there. Try twisting, rather than pulling, to get your beautiful creation off... but be careful not to damage it's structure!
There you have it! A gorgeous new Candle Holder to place your flameless pillar in.