Tulips are a classic spring flower. But, just like spring, their beauty fades fast.
Here is a creative way make your wilting tulips last a little longer with Wax Paper Luminaries.
For this project, you will need:
- Four cut tulips
- Wax paper
- A thin tea towel
- Ironing board
- Scotch tape
- 2 pieces of thick, card-stock paper (in a light color)
All you have to do is:
1. Place a design on a sheet of wax paper;
2. Place another sheet on top of the design;
3. Lay a tea towel on top of your design & iron on "medium" (start at low if you are nervous);
4. Continue ironing until the flower is completely flat and the wax paper sticks together where the petals and stem are.
5. Trim all 4 sides into a perfect rectangle or square (use same dimensions moving forward);
6. Seal the edges with scotch tape;
To construct the luminaries, take two flower sheets and cut 2 sides form your card-stock paper the appropriate height. Tape all four sides together so the luminary can stand.